[Zope] RE: Zope/IIS and Plone

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leo at hiper.com.br
Wed Jan 14 13:48:04 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 15:25, Kelley, Sean wrote:
> Thanks for getting back to me.  I tried this and I do see the plone site now
> but graphics are no coming through and neither is the default skin info...
> http://www.ci.santa-rosa.ca.us/utilities/
> I get a plain text looking layout and see this message at the bottom of the
> page:
>
> If you can read this text, it means you are not experiencing the Plone
> design at its best. Plone makes heavy use of CSS, which means it is
> accessible to any internet browser, but the design needs a
> standards-compliant browser to look like we intended it. Just so you know ;)

This looks like you're not getting the plone css files from the server,
which would happen if plone/zope sent you to the wrong URL for those
files. Check the source code for the page to see where the server is
sending you

Please recheck the configuration in the ASP404 script. Also check that
you only have one VirtualHostMonster in the root of your Zope (not
inside plone. I don't know if it's a problem, but I haven't checked).

If you're using a binary plone release, that has two web ports open, one
for Plone and one for Zope (administrative port), check that you're
connecting to the administrative port (i.e., you're accessing the port
that gives access to the Zope root), and configure ASP404 to access the
plone folder inside it.

Cheers.

--
Ideas don't stay in some minds very long because they don't like
solitary confinement.