[Zope] Sybase as storage

Tim Terlegård tim at se.linux.org
Thu Jan 15 03:22:47 EST 2004

I'd like (read the company would like) to store all data in
a Sybase database instead of using zodb. What solutions are
there?

I've read some about APE and Sybase DA. APE doesn't seem to
support Sybase (only mysql and postgresql?) and to use Sybase
DA I have to rewrite all code to use Z SQL methods.

Is this information correct? Are there other alternatives
or is it impossible to have Zope store all data in a Sybase
RDBMS without rewriting all products to use Z SQL methods?

Tim