[Zope] Product causes connection refused message

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Jan 16 14:39:45 EST 2004

Petter Holmström wrote at 2004-1-16 11:45 +0200:
>Is it possible for a Zope product to cause the web browser to display a
>"Connection refused" message,

Bugs in a product may cause Zope to die.

When a client tries to connect to the port of a not-running
server, the client gets a "connection refused" error.

>without leaving any tracks what so ever in
>the Zope error-logs? Because that's what we're experiencing (mostly with
>CMFBoard). The folder contents show up just fine in Plone, then I click
>an object and boom - Connection Refused. I go back to the folder
>contents - no problem.

Check Zope "uptime" in "Control_Panel" to determine whether
Zope really died.

If it did not die, one of the product's pages may contain a broken URL
pointing to a server which does not run.

--
Dieter