[Zope] NTLM authentication

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Sun Jan 18 11:25:57 EST 2004

Dear All,

  We are working with an organisation that wish to use NTLM HTTP
authenication with Zope.  They currently use MSIE and IIS and are able
to use the original login credentials supplied when the use logged in to
their workstation.  So far we have identified two possible routes, both
involve using Zope in REMOTE_USER mode (something in front of Zope does
then authentication, Zope then does the authorisation based on the
REMOTE_USER variable):

1) Use Zope with/behind IIS and use IIS to do the authentication
2) Use Apache in front of Zope and mod_ntlm to do authentication

Has anyone else tried this any experiences to report?  We have not
finalised the server platform yet, so are open to both Windows and unix
based solutions, however all being equal we would prefer unix as we may
be using certain external libraries (PIL, gd, gs, etc.).

-Matt

--

Matt Hamilton
  matth at netsight.co.uk
Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd.                     Business Vision on
the Internet
http://www.netsight.co.uk                                            +44
(0)117 9090901
Web Hosting | Web Design | Domain Names  | Co-location  | DB Integration