[Zope] Re: Problems with Iptc_Exif_reading_support product

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Tue Jan 20 16:54:48 EST 2004

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> First, we need to understand why it happens:
>
>   I expect that the module variable "verbosedisplays" is set during
>   the first upload (maybe via assignment to a variable declared "global").
>
>   Search the sources for "verbosedisplays", to find out.
>
> Should I be right, then you can add a missing preset for
> "verbosedisplays".
This is about the knowledge I gathered before: You are right and the
only occurence of this variable is

       /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/PhotoIptcExif/__init__.py

and there it is declared as global.  Unfortunately my knowledge is
to limited to understand this code, for example what this stuff
means:

    try:
        verbosedisplays = None
    except: pass

So the reason for the problem is clear but I'm afraid I'm unable to fix it.

(I guess the thread "Global Variables" is connected to this problem -
 because it is started by the author of the product. ;-) )

Kind regards

          Andreas.