[Zope] ZODB limits

WebMaster at solari.it webmaster at solari.it
Fri Jan 23 10:00:28 EST 2004

I'm developing an intranet document management system with Zope/Plone
and I'm concerned about the capabilities of ZODB. The system is going to
store many thousands of large files, so the Data.fs is very likely to
grow up to tens of GB. I'm wondering if ZODB can handle such amount of
data in its standard implementation (using Data.fs). I investigated
several alternatives, including ApeLib/Dbtab, but they don't seem to
work out of the box with Plone (while thay do in ZMI).

Is somebody aware of **fully-tested, real-world** applications with
multi-GB storage or, in other words, should I stay with ZODB or search
for alternatives?

Thanks

Alessio Beltrame