[Zope] REQUEST object

Small Business Services toolkit at magma.ca
Fri Jan 23 12:49:44 EST 2004

> Hello. In my DTML document I set a temporary variable called 'price' to 0
> using the following statement:
>
> <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('priceNumber', 0)">
>
> Then, I try to access this variable in my DTML method by using the
> following:
>
> <dtml-var "REQUEST.get('priceNumber')">
>
> and 'None' is echoed.

try <dtml-var priceNumber>

REQUEST variables only last as long as the dtml method is executing.  If you
send the user to another page (eg an html form) the priceNumber variable
will not be available when the user returns (you have to send the variable
data to the form and have the form send it back again)

> I have also tried printing the entire REQUEST object using the following:
>
> <dtml-var name="REQUEST">
>
> and this variable is not found in the list of variables mentioned.

try <dtml-var REQUEST>

HTH

Jonathan