[Zope] Initial setup

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Jan 25 18:16:20 EST 2004

John Poltorak wrote at 2004-1-24 20:55 +0000:
>I'm setting up ZOPE on a remote Red Hat system for the first time and am
>not clear about a couple of things involving how to run it...
>
>How do I identify which version is running?
>
>I presume I use zopectl to start it - my Zope Bible tells me to run
>./start which I can't find.

This changed with Zope 2.7.

With Zope 2.7 (and above), you use "bin/zopectl fg" (or "bin/zopectl start").
Formerly, you used "start".

>How do I stop it? It looks like I didn't set up the initial user correctly
>so can't use the ZMI.

With Zope 2.7, when you started with "bin/zopectl fg" (you do this only
to check that startup works properly), you interrupt with "BREAK" (Control-C);
when you started with "bin/zopectl start" (the normal way), you
stop with "bin/zopectl stop".

--
Dieter