[Zope] Site Access Product versions?

John Maxwell jmax at sfu.ca
Tue Jan 27 01:18:03 EST 2004

I am thoroughly confused about the Site Access product and its various
versions. I'm hoping somebody knows enough about it to shed some light
on what I'm looking at.

I recently upgraded a Zope site (that's been running for years, over
several versions) to 2.7rc1. With that version came a version of the
Site Access product that I assume is the current default one... its
Virtual Host Monster has a "Mappings" tab, with a single text field,
into which you type some oddly composed strings to get domains to map
to folders.

A long while back (I don't even remember when, probably when 2.5 was
new), I remember exchanging this product for an "enhanced" version
which had an "Edit" tab, which featured a two-column interface that
would take as many pairs (domain, folder) as you wanted to put in... it
kept giving you extra fields as long as you hit the "Update mappings"
button.

I seem to have copies of both of these versions here, and they both
seem to work (although I prefer the one with the two-column interface
because it's easier to understand). But they appear to have the same
version number (2-0-0 with mappings) and are identical except for their
manage_edit.dtml method.

I'm not sure if I've somehow merged files or what. Could somebody shed
some light on what the difference is? I can't find anything online that
makes any sense in this regard.

Thanks,

  - John Maxwell
    jmax at sfu.ca