[Zope] Upgrading ExtFile

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Tue Jan 27 08:43:38 EST 2004

Hello,

I upgraded ExtFile / ExtImage from version 1.1.3  to version 1.2
(on a Debian GNU/Linux testing system).  The new version works fine
for new uploads.  But I have an old application which now does not find
its stored images any more.  Analyzing the error messages I found the
problem:

   1. If there is a file <Reposit>/image.jpg the new ExtImage
      is looking for <Reposit>/image1.jpg .
   2. If there is a file <Reposit>/image<n>.jpg the new ExtImage
      is looking for <Reposit>/image<n+1>.jpg .

I placed some symlinks into the repository to verify this behaviour for
several images.  This is also true for thumbnails etc.

Any hint what might be wrong here?

BTW, the new versin of Extfile now is available at

         http://zope.org/Members/shh/ExtFile/

It would be reasonable to mention this fact at the place of the old
versions ...

Kind regards

        Andreas.