[Zope] Re: Mailhost expects different security settings indifferent folders

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Wed Jan 28 05:18:28 EST 2004

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Lennart Regebro wrote:

> From: "Andreas Tille" <tillea at rki.de>
> > Unauthorized: Your user account is defined outside the context of the
> object being accessed.  Access to 'send' of (MailHost instance at 92020b0)
> denied. Your user account, tillea, exists at /Influenza/acl_users. Access
> requires one of the following roles: ['Manager'].
>

> >     /acl_users/tillea: ['Manager','Owner']
> >
> >     /Influenza/acl_users/tillea:
> ['Manager','Owner','some','other','permissions']
> >         --> So the error message seems strange because the role 'Manager'
> occures
> >             in both contexts
>
> No. The USER exists in both contexts.
>
> >     /MailHost
> >         --> I did not changed any security settings here.  All items of
> >             "Acquire permission settings?" are tickmarked and all other
> >             roles (Anonymous, Authenticated, Manager, Owner) are empty.
> >
> > Any hint?
>
> Yes:
>
> > Unauthorized: Your user account is defined outside the context of the
> object being accessed.
>
> Your user account, tillea, exists at /Influenza/acl_users.  And hence, it
> has no access things above /Influenza.
> You should remove the user from /Influenza/acl_users and use the user
> defained in /acl_users instead.
Well, this might help for this very problem, but the application is in fact
more complex.

On my live system I define certain roles in the /Influenza folder and
some users who get these roles (but not the 'Manager' role!).  They
are perfectly able to send mails without beeing 'Manager' and there is
certainly no reason to have this role just to send mails.  How can it
happen that this is not possible on the development machine (when
I tested this application the machine was running Zope 2.6.1 and once
it worked I did not tested this feature after the upgrade to 2.6.2
but there might be some other changes besides upgrading Zope)?

Kind regards

        Andreas.