[Zope] Re: recover from POSKeyError after corruption by pack()ing bug

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Jan 28 17:47:33 EST 2004

Dominik Schäfer wrote at 2004-1-28 10:59 +0100:
> ... recovering lost data due to packing bug ...
>>   The idea is that emulate packing in some way.
>>
>>   Packing essentially consists of 2 phases.
>[...]
>>   The idea to recover your data would be to
>>   emulate packing by processing your "Data.fs.old"
>>   in the packing phase and all new transaction records
>>   in the copying phase.
>>
>>   This will require some tweaking as in your case, both
>>   segments reside in different files (while usually, they come
>>   from the same file).
>Anyway, because I packed the database in the meantime (several times),
>this procedure would not work here, doesn't it?

You definitely need a backup copy of an uncorrupted
database. Had you not packed in the meantime, "Data.fs.old"
would have been such a backup.

The packing in between also makes it a bit more difficult
to determine which transactions to copy.
It would still be possible though (if you have a backup copy
of an uncorrupted database).

--
Dieter