[Zope] Re: ZCatalog enhancement wishes

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Jan 28 18:32:37 EST 2004

Tino Wildenhain wrote at 2004-1-28 08:50 +0100:
>>> Please consider adding the ability to sort catalog query results on
>>> more than one index.
>>

>> Yep, that's another big one that I'd like too...
>
>*wrapping a nice sequence.sort() into gift paper and handing it to
>ChrisW* ;D

Sorting via index (as does "ZCatalog.searchResults") is
(sometimes) far more efficient than "sequence.sort":

  In one of our sites, rendering the homepage spend
  about 50 % of the time in "sequence.sort".

  Switching to sorting via index reduced the amount of
  time spent for sorting to about 15 %.

--
Dieter