[Zope] Multi-level redirections

Juho Vuori juho.vuori at kepa.fi
Thu Jan 29 02:06:52 EST 2004

Dieter Maurer wrote:

>Juho Vuori wrote at 2004-1-28 14:55 +0200:

>>I've got an acquiring folder and wan't to redirect addresses in the
>>folder to index_html. The redirection rule I use is [A-Za-z0-9 ] =>
>>index_html. This works ok. I've got all http://server/folder/xyz
>>addresses redirected to http://server/folder/index_html file.
>>
>>Now, if I wanted to have ... deeper (?) redirection, I don't quite know
>>what to do. What I mean is I wan't the redirected url's to 'act like'
>>folders so they can have pages under them as well. E.g. in addition to
>>http://server/folder/xyz being redirected to
>>http://server/folder/index_html, I also wan't
>>http://server/folder/xyz/zyx redirected to
>>http://server/folder/index_html. I tried just changing the regexp to
>>[A-Za-z0-9 /] but that doesn't seem to work, probably because of some
>>internal things having to do with how zope parses urls or so.
>>

>What facility are you using to implement the redirect?
>
>  an Apache rewrite rule?
>
>  a Zope SiteAccess AccessRule?
>
>  ???
>
>Apache rewrite rules (maybe rewrite maps) are the most effective way
>to implement redirections...

I'm using a zope product called AcquiringFolder, but I don't really know
much about that, I found nothing about that on the web. Sorry about my
ignorance, but I'm working on a site originally written by someone else,
+ I'm a zope newbie and all that.

Apache rules are a last resort in this case for manageability reasons.
(Actually I think I'm not going to use that in any case, I'll just
modify the structure of the user interface a bit, if I can't get this
working)

Juho