[Zope] ImportError: No module named cPersistence

Casey Duncan casey at zope.com
Thu Jan 29 13:44:01 EST 2004

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:03:39 -0500 (EST)
"Michael Long" <mlong at datalong.com> wrote:

> > Ah. uhm.. sorry. This traceback can only occur when cPersistence.so
>
> No problem ;)
>
> > wasnt compiled yet, has been deleted, is for the wrong python
> > version or is otherwise unavailable.
> > It is usually generated thru installation/compilation.
> >
> > I'd check paths for INSTANCE_HOME, SOFTWARE_HOME etc;
> > which python version is used (and if its different to
> > the version you installed with)
>
> INSTANCE_HOME and SOFTWARE_HOME are set correctly.
>
> Something went horribly wrong when installing MySQL-python-0.9.3b1.
> Many of the*.so files were deleted. I replaced them from source and
> now get the following error.

Please explain how you can replace .so files from source, these are
compiled object files!

Sounds like you need to recompile your C extensions. This is easily done
from your SOFTWARE_HOME directory:

% python setup.py build_ext -if

This assumes you were using an inplace build and the system python.

-Casey