[Zope] ANNOUNCE: Zope 2.6.4 rc2 released

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Jan 30 16:10:17 EST 2004

Great, I'll give it a whirl this weekend.

One question regarding this bug/fix from rc 1...

"""
Fixed a serious bug in the new FileStorage pack implementation.
If pack was called on the storage and passed a time earlier than a
previous pack time, data could be lost. In other words, if
there are any two pack calls, where the time argument passed
to the second call was earlier than the first call, data loss
could occur. The bug was fixed by causing the second call to
raise a StorageError before performing any work.
"""

I read this literally: i.e. as
... the time argument passed to the second call was earlier
than the time at which the first call was made ....
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

But it has occurred to me that it could also be read (misread?)
as:
... the time argument passed to the second call was earlier
than the time argument passed to the first call ....

so, which is it?
If the former, I think I may have encountered that problem
at least once.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com