[Zope] HTML parsers and Wget like function

Grant Morganryuuguu grant at ryuuguu.com
Thu Jul 1 21:49:27 EDT 2004

Thanks for all the fast replies.
I am starting with urllib and urllib2 and will put some timeout code guards in. I started with a script straight from the examples

import urllib2
f = urllib2.urlopen('http://www.python.org/')
print f.read(100)

which works fine running from the command line directly with python but I get an
Error Type:Unauthorized
Error Value:You are allowed to run 'urlopen' in this context

When I test the script. I am logged in as the manager. Zope is running under the same user that can run the script in python.

Is there some permissions I have to add to the manager to run arbitrary python libraries?

Thanks,
Grant