[Zope] Help! Zope Crashed and will not start up again!

Dan Gaibel dg76 at cornell.edu
Thu Jul 8 10:39:13 EDT 2004

Hello folks,

I'm baffled by a problem we are having with our site and would
appreciate any help. We've been running Zope 2.5.1 for quite a while
now without any interruption. Due to this stability, I haven't dealt
with nuts and bolts sorts of issues and could really use some
assistance. Seemingly out of the blue, Zope crashed. When I try to run
the start script, it gets stuck on the following error:

==========

/home/lrc/lib/python/SearchIndex/__init__.py:19: DeprecationWarning:
The usage of the SearchIndex package is deprecated since Zope 2.4.
This package is only kept for backwards compatibility for a while
and will go away in a future release.

Please use instead the re-factored modules in Products/PluginIndexes.

   warnings.warn("The usage of the SearchIndex package is deprecated
since \

I have seen this message before, but I've ignored it because Zope
usually starts right up afterwards and runs just fine. Now it won't get
past that message and I find myself in an emergency situation. Does
anyone know enough about the Zope startup routine to help point me in
the right direction?

I greatly appreciate any advice at all.

Thanks,

Dan