[Zope] Help! Zope Crashed and will not start up again!

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Jul 8 12:36:23 EDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 11:19:53AM -0400, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> >  warnings.warn("The usage of the SearchIndex package is deprecated
> >since \
> >
> >==========
> >
> >I have seen this message before, but I've ignored it because Zope
> >usually starts right up afterwards and runs just fine. Now it won't
> >get past that message and I find myself in an emergency situation.
> >Does anyone know enough about the Zope startup routine to help point
> >me in the right direction?
>
> This is a *warning*, not an error. If your Zope won't start up
> something else is wrong. This warning will not prevent Zope from
> starting.

+1. The fact that that's where things freeze up is a red herring.

if you really didn't change anything about your zope installation,
I have to wonder what else could have changed on your system...
What OS are you running on? (be specific.)
It wouldn't happen to be a semi-recent version of RedHat Linux, would it?

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com