[Zope] Apache, Rewrite rules and MS ISA server

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Fri Jul 9 14:24:16 EDT 2004

Hi Eugene,

Eugene wrote:
> Try to use VHM finctionality for URL generation:
>
> RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://127.0.0.1:8080/VirtualHostbase/https/www.com:443/VirtualHostRoot/$1	[P]
>
> Here, you'll get links on you page to https-site.

Aargh!

As is so often the case shortly after I ask for help, I'm now feeling
quite stupid!

I've spent so long staring at the rewrite rule, that I simply didn't get
the "inbound" vs. "outbound" logic straight. I think I have it now - the
rewrite rule formats a request to Zope, the VirtualHostMonster then
parses that request for the VirtualHostBase to figure out how to create
the Base URL, and the VirtualHostRoot to figure out where to serve the
site from.

So, the Apache Virtual Host and the VirtualHostRoot take care of
handling the inbound logic and the VirtualHostBase does the URL
rewriting in the served pages.

Magic!

(Even if I don't have that right, I'm now serving pages!)

Thanks a bunch!

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: phil at xfr.co.uk / Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

"The lyf so short, the craft so long to learne" - Chaucer