[Zope] External Editor problem

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.net
Sat Jul 10 12:36:22 EDT 2004

On Sat, Jul 10, 2004, Dennis Allison wrote:
>I've been using version 0.6 and will upgrade to 0.7.2 shortly.  Let me
>know if you've already encountered this and fixed it.
>
>Some of my users insist on using WindowsXP Home and IE. The external
>editor fails.  Running the helper application standalone works fine.
>Runing Firefox as the browser works fine after a bit of fancy twostepping
>to get it configured.

You might give these Internet Exploder users a dose of reality.  I've
referenced several recent notices on IE recently:

http://www.celestial.com/Security/Windows/News_Item.2004-06-30.2399900668

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

``It is our duty still to endeavor to avoid war; but if it shall actually
take place, no matter by whom brought on, we must defend ourselves. If our
house be on fire, without inquiring whether it was fired from within or
without, we must try to extinguish it.''
    -- Thomas Jefferson to James Lewis, Jr., 1798.