[Zope] Re: Doing zope administration from remote computer

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 16 04:59:16 EDT 2004

 >  I am a newbie in networking and developing webserver. I have already
 > succesfull to installed zope from source in my linux mandrake  9. But
I don't
 > know how to do administrative work from other computer, doing remote.
  My
 > host is http://localhost:8080/ but after I type that host in other
computer,
 > it cannot be done except from my own computer which is installed the
zope.
It is normal 'cause localhost is what the word says: a host which is
local to the current machine. It won't work from other machine.

 > How do I do remote administrative work anyway?
Supposing that you are connected to the network of a company, then you
have to use the hostname of your machine or ip address in case that you
use something like dhcp. ie:

http://abc.def.ghi.jkl:8080/manage -> this should be your ip. Get this
info by giving ipconfig in Windows, or ifconfig on linux.

http://myhostname.mydomain:8080/manage

Regards,
Josef