[Zope] ZMySQLDA

Holger Butschek h.butschek at butschek-consult.de
Thu Jul 22 04:44:09 EDT 2004

Hi folks,

I need to connect my Zope-instance to MySQL. I have installed Zope (2.6)
with a working adapter to MySQL. Now I have installed Zope 2.7, too. I
have downloaded the adapter as a src.rpm-component and have installed it
with the konquerer. I believe that I have done it. At least Yast opened
and did something. But nothing appeared in the products-list of Zope
2.7. Then, I have copied the product "ZMySQLDA" from version 2.6 to
version 2.7. Now, of course the product appears in the list. But it is
marked as 'broken' and produces the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/zope2.7/zope2.7/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 660,
in import_product
    product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
  File "/opt/zope2.7/zope_instance/Products/ZMySQLDA/__init__.py", line
91, in ?
    import DA
  File "/opt/zope2.7/zope_instance/Products/ZMySQLDA/DA.py", line 92, in
?
    from db import DB
  File "/opt/zope2.7/zope_instance/Products/ZMySQLDA/db.py", line 89, in
?
    import _mysql
ImportError: No module named _mysql

Bye,
Holger

Butschek IT Consulting

Holger Butschek
Hellenstrasse 27
56179 Vallendar

Telefon:    02 61 / 96 34 98 8
Fax    :    02 61 / 96 37 75 7
Handy  :    01 79 / 24 18 70 2

eMail  :    h.butschek at butschek-consult.de
Web    :    http://www.butschek-consult.de
Anfahrt:    http://mail.map24.com/butschek-consult

E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den
Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie

e-mail is strictly forbidden.