[Zope] Force a ZODB transaction commit?

Jim Kutter jim at ebizq.net
Thu Jul 22 09:37:31 EDT 2004

Subtransactions did the trick. I set the subtransaction size rather small (100 records before commit), it did take quite a long time. However it seems to be working now, I've got all the records in there.

The machine is fairly hefty, Athlon XP 2Ghz, with 1GB RAM.

Is there any way to time how long a transaction takes to get comitted? I noticed that when the script finished executing, the catalog hadn't comitted the transactions yet (despite subtransactions being enabled - or at least I thought they were). It wasn't until I checked again hours later that I noticed the # of items in the catalog had been increased.

-jim