[Zope] New-style classes and PluggableBrains

Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Fri Jul 23 10:44:25 EDT 2004

I do beleive new-style classes are not currently supported in Zope 2.7.x,
due to issues with ExtensionClass.

Zope 2.8 should do away with that issue, allowing you to use new-style
classes.

This, mind you, might not be applicable to you, as PluggableBrains might not
be wrapped by ExtensionClass??

J.F.

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-bounces at zope.org [mailto:zope-bounces at zope.org]On Behalf Of
Michael Ekstrand
Sent: July 23, 2004 10:42 AM
To: zope at zope.org
Subject: [Zope] New-style classes and PluggableBrains

I'm working on developing a PluggableBrains class for some SQL methods
in my application in Zope 2.7.1 (running Python 2.3.3 as shipped in the
Windows Zope installer), and I've got a couple quick questions.

First, if my class inherits from object, does that break anything? It's
also inheriting from Acquisition.Implicit and has security information
(as an external method creates one and passes it off to protected code
in a place or two).

Second, if I have some property objects as members, will code accessing
them elsewhere behave in a sane and reasonable manner? Will Zope
recognize them properly? Most importantly, can I have some or all of
the members that the Z SQL Method will be populating defined as
properties in the class?

TIA,
Michael
Zope maillist  -  Zope at zope.org