[Zope] Zope 2.7.2 breaks Plone 2.0.3 login_form

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Jul 23 14:28:50 EDT 2004

Fred Drake wrote at 2004-7-23 10:38 -0400:
>And still another is to split your string literals where they look
>like markup, because even CDATA marked sections aren't meant to
>protect you from everything.

They are meant to protect you from anything that is not
"]]>"...
The current TAL parser behaviour is a bug and should be fixed...

Artificially splitting string literals is extremely ugly.

>This is Zope no longer duplicating a module from Python's standard
>library, and the Python module is slightly stricter than the version
>previously in Zope.  I consider this a bug in Plone's template, and it
>can be trivially fixed there.

Maybe, you reread the SGML specification for elements with CDATA
content
and the XML specification concerning CDATA sections.
I am convinved that they indicate a bug in the parser
and not in Plone's template...

--
Dieter