[Zope] PluggableBrains weirdness

Michael Ekstrand michael-zope at elehack.net
Mon Jul 26 08:31:58 EDT 2004

On Sunday 25 July 2004 17:12, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> A well known (extremely old collector entry) misfeature of
> the "record" class used to implement Z SQL Method result rows:
> their instances do not have a "__dict__" and therefore cannot
> store attributes other than the result fields.

Hmm... is there a way I can bypass this? Creatively, perhaps? My class
is implementing some data validation functions, and needs to have a few
instance variables to keep track of its internal state.

A few things are coming to mind - is there something I can do with a an
inner class, a global dictionary, or something like that?

Thanks,
Michael