[Zope] Failed to register as service on win2000

Les Ferguson lhf at xtra.co.nz
Wed Jul 28 07:40:07 EDT 2004

I uninstalled zope 2.7.0 and installed 2.7.2 on my win2000 system.
The installer failed to register zope as a service.

I can start zope in console using  C:\Zope-Instance\bin\runzope.bat
but I do not want to be doing this all the time.

I tried to register PythonService.exe but that fails:

   E:\usr2\Zope-2.7.2-0\bin>pythonservice.exe /register
   Registering the Python Service Manager...
   Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread
   abnormal program termination

Was something left behind by the 2.7.0 uninstall that is messing this up?

--
Les Ferguson
Software developer