[Zope] Newbie question: can the ZODB be moved? On a different Server or HDD?

robert rottermann robert at redcor.ch
Wed Jun 2 03:05:28 EDT 2004

Samir Mishra wrote:

>Is it possible to move Data.fs between different versions of Zope,
>specifically 2.6.x and 2.7.0? And platforms - Win32 to Linux?
>
>For example, I have an instance of Zope 2.6 running, and this server has
>instances of LocalFS. The same product, LocalFS, doesn't work with Zope 2.7,
>in fact once installed users/administrators cannot access views/management
>screens at that point. Would moving Data.fs work?

You can move Data.fs from 2.6x to 2.7x
you can also move it between windows and linux.
Some content does have problem with that. Especially when an absolute
path to something is store as it is the case with LocalFS and CMF-skins.
However the problem you are experiencen stems from the fact, that
LocalFS is not compatible with 2.7. There is an updated version
someplace (LocalFS-andreas or something)
You have to google for it

Robert