[Zope] Product for Out-of-Process jobs

Florian Reiser florian.reiser at ra-bc.de
Wed Jun 2 08:46:55 EDT 2004

Hello,

I need to generate some huge PDF-report out of process.
So the user sees some waiting screen, while the report is generated.
When generation is finished the report is delivered.
First I did it with Threads. It was a pain, but the waiting screen worked.
Now I do it with ZEO, but the waiting screen doesn't work any more.

I'm now finally thinking about a generic product allowing me to do a task
out-of-process.

Could someone please tell me how to get things done without threads.
I have already read http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/1058719806 .
But the line pdf = ReportGen().createReport(report()) is a bit cryptic to
me.

Is someone interested in helping me with this product?

With kind regards
Florian Reiser