[Zope] Updating Caches

Tiller, Michael (M.M.) mtiller at ford.com
Wed Jun 2 09:53:17 EDT 2004

I've got a site that I've spent some time on optimizing.  I have used
both Ram caches and a proxy cache (in front of the site).

My problem is that the site is not accessed very often.  As a result,
the caches are often empty when somebody happens to hit the site and
then they pay the cost of filling the caches.  How do people normally
handle this?  Is it possible to some how "schedule" a request in Zope to
make sure that the caches are always filled?  In order to fill the proxy
server caches, I suppose the request has to originate from outside of
Zope?

Anyway, I'd be interested in hearing if other people have these kinds of
issues and what they do about them.  Thanks.

--
Mike