[Zope] Emacs & Zope -- M-x html-mode ... but doesn't color the document for html ???

Robb Shecter robb at acm.org
Sun Jun 6 10:03:39 EDT 2004

Jason LeMonier wrote:

> But, no file extensions, so we have to tell Emacs that a file w/ no
> extension is html M-x html-mode ... so I'm in html mode (right?)
>     open main_template.html (copy on local) ... perfect coloring
>     open main_template via ftp, M-x html-mode ... and just what's in """"
> is green???

I'm *not* an emacs expert.  Here's what often works for me:

The mode for emacs to do syntax coloring is called "global-font-lock-mode".  I
have *no* idea why.  I find that sometimes, in certain situations, it won't
be on.  So try to enable it with M-x global-font-lock-mode.

I'm sure that there's some way to get this to be always on for your particular
problem documents, but I don't know the configuration.  But at least now you
have a start.

Robb