[Zope] Touchy APE?

Anton Stonor stonorn at giraffen.dk
Mon Jun 7 15:17:24 EDT 2004

I've been playing around with Shane's excellent APE
(http://hathaway.freezope.org/Software/Ape). Cool concept. However it
seems to be a bit more touchy to certain objects than the default ZODB
filestorage. In other words:

Objects such as Btreefolder2 and Group User Folders work using default
ZODB filestorage, but break with APE.

Maybe it's just my environment, but on the other hand APE might (on
purpose?) be more touchy. So I don't know whether to file this as a bug
or not -- or if it's APE's or the other projects fault.

Any thoughts?

My environment:
Windows 2000
Zope 2.7.0
Ape 0.8 (also tried the CVS-version)
Ape file storage (also tried Mysql storage)
GRUF 2.0.1
BTreeFolder2 1.0

Btreefolder2 traceback:

2004-06-07T20:47:51 ERROR(200) ZODB Couldn't load state for '17'
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "c:\zopesand\Products\Ape\lib\apelib\zodb3\connection.py", line
359, in setstate
     event = osio.deserialize(oid, obj, classification, state)
   File "c:\zopesand\Products\Ape\lib\apelib\core\io.py", line 160, in
deserialize
     mapper.serializer.deserialize(event, state)
   File "c:\zopesand\Products\Ape\lib\apelib\core\serializers.py", line
102, in deserialize
     s.deserialize(event, state)
   File "c:\zopesand\Products\Ape\lib\apelib\zope2\ofsserial.py", line
129, in deserialize
     obj._initBTrees()
   File "C:\zopedev\Products\BTreeFolder2\BTreeFolder2.py", line 477, in
__getattr__
     res = self._tree.get(name)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'
----

GRUF traceback:

Traceback (innermost last):

     * Module Zope.App.startup, line 221, in commit
     * Module ZODB.Transaction, line 233, in commit
     * Module ZODB.Transaction, line 348, in _commit_objects
     * Module apelib.zodb3.connection, line 263, in commit
     * Module apelib.core.io, line 152, in serialize
     * Module apelib.core.serializers, line 93, in serialize
     * Module apelib.zope2.security, line 103, in serialize
     * Module Products.GroupUserFolder.DynaList, line 24, in __getitem__
     * Module Products.GroupUserFolder.GRUFFolder, line 153, in data
     * Module Products.GroupUserFolder.GRUFFolder, line 186, in
userdefined_roles
     * Module Products.GroupUserFolder.GRUFFolder, line 180, in listGroups

AttributeError: Groups

/Anton