[Zope] ZMySQLDA install error

Niranjan Patel niranjan at altair.com
Thu Jun 10 11:03:42 EDT 2004

Hello everyone,

I have installed ZMysqlDA 2.8.0 and Mysql-python 0.9.2 on Zope 2.6.4

On installing I get

Warning: install: modules installed to
'/usr/local/Zope2.6/python2.1/site-packages/' which is not the Python's
module search path (sys.path) -- you'll have to change the search path
yourself.

When I start the Zope server it gives me

Import Error:  /usr/local/Zope2.6/python2.1/site-packages/_mysql.so: cannot

-- I checked the file is present in this directory.
-- Also If I run zope's python and do import sys -- sys.path it shows me
this path.

I see a similar error in this message but solution is not posted.
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/zope/2002-January/106305.html

Any clue what need to be set here?

Thanks for your help
Niranjan