[Zope] zopectl won't read other conf file except zope.conf

Choo Zhi Min zhimin at iss.nus.edu.sg
Fri Jun 11 03:43:26 EDT 2004

Hi,

I want to run multiple zope instances from the same instance tree, using
different zope.conf files. The difference is only in  filename for
pid-,lock-,eventlog-file, and http port number. I change the -C option in
zopectl to point to zope-custom.conf, but zopectl still read the
zope.conf. If zope.conf is not present in etc folder, zope refuses to
start, although -C points to a valid conf file.

Here's how to produce:
# cd /path/to/zope-instance
# cp etc/zope.conf etc/zope-custom.conf
# mv etc/zope.conf etc/zope-default.conf
# vi bin/zopectl   <----- edit
CONFIG_FILE="/path/to/zope-instance/etc/zope-custom.conf"
# bin/zopectl start
. . daemon process started, pid=1234

Then zope terminates quietly...

How can I force zopectl to use different conf file other than zope.conf?
Thanks!

Regards,
zm