[Zope] Showing progress for long running tasks

Florian Schulze florian.proff.schulze at gmx.net
Fri Jun 11 07:26:14 EDT 2004

Hi!

I want to write a function which invokes wget for a given URL. Now this
can take quite some time, how can I provide some progress indicator? I
don't think it's practical to stream data to the browser until the
donwload is complete, so I need some way to check back on the progress
every time a special page is requested. So the question is, how can I
start a process in the background and check back on it ('s stdout)
whenever requested?
I'm using Zope 2.7.0 and Plone 2.0.3.

Regards,
Florian Schulze