[Zope] Zope, Squid and manage_workspace

Eddie Butcher ebutcher at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jun 14 13:18:10 EDT 2004

In article <16588.35209.848748.871547 at gargle.gargle.HOWL>, Dieter
Maurer wrote:
> A SiteRoot might be enough to fix the port. But, I never
> used "SiteRoot"s and much prefer VHM.

I found the solution in the end.

It turns out that there was one more link in the chain that I wasn't
aware of. All traffic goes through an IBM firewall/proxy.

The 302 redirect that ZOPE was returning was being blocked by the
firewall. The reason was that the reply did not conform to strict HTTP
and was therefore stopped.

I had to edit HTTPRepsonse.py to append some dummy HTML to make the
reply compliant. All works fine now, all over the World. Might be worth
making the change in the ZOPE src itself.

--
Eddie