[Zope] Navigation/object relationships

Michael Ekstrand michael-zope at elehack.net
Tue Jun 15 15:30:55 EDT 2004

I am working on building a site that contains automatically-generated
navigation trees and site maps. Currently, I am using a convoluted system
involving properties containing a "navigation level", and am running into
problems with that system as I try to extend it to handle more deeply
nested parts of the site.

What I am looking for is a relatively painless way to determine for an
object y, contained somewhere under object x, what is the
relationship/containment hierarchy from x to y? Or, at the very least, how
do I obtain a given object's container? I have figured out how to do that
with path expressions in TAL, but something I can do from a PythonScript
would be most useful.

Thanks in advance,
Mike