[Zope] RE: [Zope-dev] Prohibiting Spams on the List

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Wed Jun 23 11:02:01 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 16 June 2004 01:08 pm, Passin, Tom wrote:
> > From: zope-bounces at zope.org [mailto:zope-bounces at zope.org] On
> > Behalf Of Mohsen Moeeni
> > BTW, why
> > should one receive an email in one account/identity and use
> > another account/identity to reply?
>
> If you post from both work and from home, or while you are traveling,
> you could end up with multiple addresses.  Not uncommon, I think.

It also happens if you have multiple addresses forwarded to the same
account, and use a client which sets your "identity" for you (Kmail
does this, so do other mail clients).  If you don't remember to change
the identity to be appropriate for the list you're responding to, then
the default will be used, and you might wind up replying from the
wrong address.

This is a pretty common problem, I think.

Cheers,
Terry