[Zope] problem with acquisition

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Thu Jun 24 13:23:05 EDT 2004

    Terry> So "somemethod" is a class-method of "myobj"?  Then "self"
    Terry> is the myobj instance.  It will acquire the attributes of
    Terry> its container if it inherits from Acquisition.Implicit,
    Terry> which if it subclasses Folder, it does.

I finally figured out the cause of my problem.  self in the __init__
function of a class is not the same as self in a class method, like
index_html.  The latter is wrapped in an Acquisition wrapper.  I was
trying to acquire from the class __init__ function, which was not
wrapped, and hence my troubles.  All is well (for now...)

Thanks,
JDH