[Zope] Persistent cache Manager / non-undoable storage

Stefan Bund l-zope.z.xalan at xoxy.net
Fri Jun 25 04:44:22 EDT 2004

Hello List,

I have to questions concerning the same question: I would like to
cache the results of expensive PythonScript calls using a persistent,
non-undoable storage.

At the Moment, I'm using a RAMCacheManager, but this solution is
suboptimal for my special case. Firstly, the generation can take quite
long for some objects and I want to avoid having to regenerate all the
data after restarting zope. Secondly the amount of data to be cached
is pretty large and might grow to several 100 MB, so a RAMCacheManager
is certainly *not* the way to go.

I could implement a specialized Produkt for this need but would prefer
a general solution to above scenario. So the concrete Questions:

 * Does anyone know of a CacheManager implementation, which stores its
   data in persistent storage? This might be ZODB (but the Product
   should make shure, it doesn't cause ZODB-Bloat on every cache hit)
   or some other persistent disk-based storage (explizit files in the
   Instance home or whatever)

 * researching for non-undoable ZODB storage implementations, I could
   only find discontinued or incomplete solutions. Is there such a
   beast for current (2.7) Zope installations?

Thanks for any help ... and please reply on-list, otherwise I will
never see your reply (see the signature...)

Stefan

--
-- *DON'T* TRY TO REACH ME DIRECTLY AT ABOVE EMAIL ADDRESS. Any reply
-- received off-list at that address will be *silently* and