[Zope] Re: Zope hangs during load (Panic!)

Petter Holmström petter.holmstrom at abo.fi
Thu Mar 4 01:35:50 EST 2004

Hello,

> Your Python is stripped (it does not have symbol information).
> This is a very bad starting point for an analysis
> we are going to undertake.

As I've alrady said, the problem is already solved in a way. Some of my
external methods caused it (why they did it I don't know), but if you
still think this might be a bug in Zope I'll give you the backtrace with
debug information.

Python is installed from source (from the FreeBSD ports collection).

> Generate Python from sources and do not strip the binary.

OK.

> I am also astonished that you are still using "libc.so.5".
> I had the impression that nowadays "libc.so.6" is installed
> everywhere.

Well, appearently this isn't the case with FreeBSD and we're running the
latest 5.2.1-release.

Thanks anyway,

-Petter-