[Zope] Moving objects via ZMI

John Poltorak jp at warpix.org
Thu Mar 11 05:58:17 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 07:16:34PM -0500, Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 08:57:37PM +0000, John Poltorak wrote:
> >

> > Is it possible to move objects to a folder using the ZMI?
> >
> > I'm sure it must be doable, but it isn't immediately obvious how you can
> > do it.
>
> move them from where?

>From the site's root.

> If not from another folder, I don't know what you mean.
>
> If you want to move objects from another folder,
> it works a lot like many webmail programs...
> note the checkboxes next to each object in the ZMI.
> Check one or more, click on the "cut" button near the bottom
> of the page, browse to another folder, click on "paste"
> button near bottom of page.

I see. Never associated 'CUT' with 'MOVE'.

What I did find was that EVENT objects could be moved, but LINK objects
couldn't. This error came up:-

Site error

This site encountered an error trying to fulfill your request. The errors
were:

Error Type
    Copy Error
Error Message

    !

    The object 020.link does not support this operation.

I wonder if this has something to do with the way this object type is set
up within Plone...

--
John