[Zope] Re: zpt initial blank line

Joseph Kocherhans jkocherhans at mac.com
Mon Mar 15 11:28:46 EST 2004

>> I'm not sure where to start with this one, so hopefully it sounds
>> familiar to someone. I'm running Zope 2.7.0 and rendered page
>> templates all seem to have an initial blank line.
>

> What does your ZPT look like?

It doesn't appear to be dependent on my zpt if that's what you're
getting at. If there's something else you're trying to find out let me
know :) Every PageTemplate I access has a leading blank line. I probably
should have posted this to begin with, so here are the platform details:

WinXP (if only I had a choice in the matter ;)
Zope 2.7.0
Python 2.3.3 (The binary installer from python.org, not the one that
gets installed with the Zope windows installer.)

PageTemplates on my FreeBSD host are fine (same zope and python versions
as above), but I just checked Zope 2.6.4 on WinXP and I'm getting that
initial blank line.

Could anyone verify this behavior on Windows? I've just been viewing the
source of standard_template.pt to check things out for now.

Thanks,
joseph