[Zope] Re: External Editor & Content Type

Casey Duncan casey at zope.com
Thu Mar 25 09:33:31 EST 2004

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 13:35:37 +0100
"Elena Schulz" <elena.schulz at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in a dtml-method I change the Content-Type with <dtml-call
> "RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type', 'text/css')">.
> If I open the method with external editor it opens with the
> dtml-editor as Content-Type dtml and not as css with the configured
> css-editor.
>
> If I am not wrong that type change was working with external editor
> 0.6.
>
> Is there a way to change the content-type that external editor 0.7.1
> (for Win) will realize?

There was no change wrt to content type checking between 0.6 and 0.7. In
any case, in EE you are editing the dtml source, not the rendered dtml,
so your <dtml-call> statement is not executed when you invoke external
editor.

There are two ways you could solve this problem:

- Name your dtml method with a .css extension and assign the editor
based on extension

- Use a file object or dtml document instead and set a "content_type"
property on it with the value "text/css". If the css is not dynamic, use
a file object.

-Casey