[Zope] Adding zope object-references to content on file system?

Alan Ezust zope at oddiofile.com
Sat May 1 18:21:01 EDT 2004

Hello everyone - I'm a zope newbie, teaching myself python at the same time.

I have a batch of docbook files and I generate a couple of hundred HTML files
(processed a couple of steps through XSL transformations). It's 400+ pages,
so importing/exporting will probably take quite a long time. I thought it
would make sense to continue transforming the doc on the local file system
and add a link to the file location from the Zope control center.

If I import the files, then I will have to remove and re-import the files each
time I rebuild the document, which seems excessive...  And I would need a
command-line interface to do that anyway, because it makes no sense to add
each file individually.

Is it possible to give zope server knowledge of trees of HTML on the local
file system? How do I do that? Or is there a better way?

What other approaches are there to integrating large docbook documents inside
Zope applications? I suspect it's not a good idea to store the XML source and
dynamically generate docbook for each page, but I haven't tried that yet.

--
Alan Ezust
ottawa, canada