[Zope] Problem uploading file through a form with Internet Explorer

Swito swito at fsmat.at
Tue May 4 04:40:50 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have a problem uploading files through a form with Internet Explorer
(Opera, Mozilla work fine).

I am doing following stuff:
I've got a webpage with something like:

<form action="uploadPhoto" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
  <input type="file" name="file" maxlength="1000000" accept="image/*">
  <input value="submit">
</form>

uploadPhoto is a DTML document which has following code to process the
uploaded data:

<dtml-if "_.getattr(file,'filename') != ''">
  <dtml-call
expr="aq_parent.manage_addProduct['Photo'].manage_addPhoto(_.getattr(file,'filename'),'A
photo',file,store='ExtImage',pregen=1)">
</dtml-if>

It works perfectly as long as I use Mozilla (both under Linux and
Windows) or Opera (tested only under Windows), but as soon as I try to
use Internet Explorer Zope returns an error message saying that there
are characters not allowed in URLs. Uploading photos from the management
interface works perfectly.

I would be greatful if anyone could suggest a solution for this problem
or explain it to me. It's a big mistery to me.

Thanks,
  Stephan

--
Stephan Witoszynskyj <swito at fsmat.htu.tuwien.ac.at>