[Zope] Re: Ordered Folder

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Tue May 4 04:48:33 EDT 2004

On Mon, 3 May 2004, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> >An inclusion into upstream Zope
> >was mentioned at this page, but I found no pointer whether this is
> >just done.
>
> Zope 2.7 now comes with an "OrderedFolder" (defined in "OFS/OrderedFolder").
> I do not know how it relates to the "OrderedFolder" product.
Ahh, thanks for this hint.  Do you know whether there is kind of a
"test this feature free Zope 2.7 installation"?  I'd like to test this
before I start fiddling around with parallel installation of 2.6.4 and 2.7.

BTW, I found out a strange behaviour of OrderedFolder 5.1 which I was able to
find at

      http://products.bluedynamics.org/Products/OrderedFolder

The strange think is that if I created a user with a role which does have the
following permissions:

     Access contents information
     Copy or Move
     Delete objects
     List folder contents
     List undoable changes
     Undo changes
     View
     View management screens

This user is able to create Ordered Folders in the ZMI but if this user
clicks into the Ordered Folder Object which was created right now by
himself it only gets the index_html page instead of the folder view.
I guess there are no further permissions to change and thus the Ordered
Folder Product seems to be a little bit broken.  Or did I miss something?

Kind regards

         Andreas.