[Zope] Perl Methods

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue May 4 23:58:10 EDT 2004

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 03:53:38PM -0700, Andy McKay wrote:
> Bryce Harrington wrote:
> >Well, that's kind of a bummer because we've got a bunch of backend code
> >in Perl that we'd like to make use of, that'd be infeasible to have to
> >rewrite all in Python.  Is it possible to execute arbitrary scripts from
> >a Python ExternalMethod?
>
> Yes look at the os.system and popen modules in Python.

There's also the ZShellScripts product, which supports
a number of interpreters including perl, but it may not be
for the overly-security-conscious. It allows you to do
some ... interesting ... things, as evidenced by this screenshot:
http://www.librelogiciel.com/software/ZShellScripts/ScreenShots/2

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com