[Zope] User passwords

Henny van der Linde (zettai) linde at inline-info.nl
Tue May 11 23:34:58 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Goldthwaite" <joe at goldthwaites.com>
To: <zope at zope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 5:24 AM
Subject: [Zope] User passwords

> I asked this one before but got no response.  That's surprising because it
> seems like it should be a simple thing.  I've set up a bunch of users in
the
> acl_users folder.  I assigned their passwords manually.  I'd like to give
> them a web page where they can change their passwords themselves.  Surely
> there must be a simple way to do it without going to a separate
> authentication module like CookieCrumbler or some such.
>
> Does anyone know of a simple way to change user passwords?

Hi I did this with the following dtml:

 <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('name',f_userlogin)">
 <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('password',f_userpass)">
 <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('confirm',f_bevestigpass)">
 <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('roles',['the_role'])">
 <dtml-call "acl_users.manage_users('Change',REQUEST)">

Where f_x are form variables.

Henny